Thursday, March 1, 2012

I am a BLOGGER now?!

Well, I joined the bandwagon.
I am now a blogger.

After hosting my wonderful cousin in my humble Bostonian apartment (whom I have not seen in almost two years),she convinced me to join the blogging world. 

This is something I have contemplated for many months. I consider myself a writer, but I never thought I had anything important enough to say to post in such a public dynamic.

But, as someone who has used writing as a creative and emotional outlet for as long as I have been able to hold a pencil, it just made sense. What better way to blurt my thoughts than to write out loud? And what is more loud than the internet, the most influential and diverse source of information?
How did this not dawn on me before?

I'm naturally an introvert. Always have been. The quietest people have the loudest minds, and I want to channel my mental ramblings into something productive and creative. 

Maybe I should start by introducing myself. 
My name is Meghan, although over the past two years, my name has transitioned into "Emmie". I'm not exactly sure why, but it had something to do with having to differentiate myself with the 91382 other "Meghans" at the job I started in September, 2010.

I am one of the most passionate people I know. I am passionate about writing, photography, art, dance, history....the list could drone on for decades. But as someone as young and as old as I am, having so many passions has only been detrimental.

I have NO idea what I want to do. I am finishing up college with an English degree in *fingers crosses* the next year or so, but where do I go after? What will I do? Who will I be? Will I even BE anything? Will I be doing ANYTHING worthwhile? 

Certainly, I will not settle.






3 comments:

  1. Fantastic first post girly! Once the bug catches on, you will be addicted!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Christine...fantastic! Keep writing M..:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might like this too..you are such a great photographer, Ella is the same. She did this for a school project, thought it might be inspiration for you too. :) xx

    http://www.ellasshots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete